Sunday, June 8, 2008

Concentrated Juice: Hockey Hangover- Hair of the Dog. Please?

How are you all doing? I am only now starting to crawl back out of my Hockey Binge, Elation Stupor, Cup hangover.

If only Hair of the Dog were available, I can’t even get Calder Cup action here in LA-blah.

What have you been up to?

I spent the last few days basking in the glow of a tremendous run and a timeless win. I am very slowly assimilating back to real life. It’s painful. I slept in my Larionov Sweater the night Wings won, tossed it in the dryer with Dryel and wore it to work for casual Friday. Then I came home and threw a Red Wings T-shirt on to head to the bar. I can’t seem to work “red” out of my wardrobe choices yet.

And I still feel wonderful and immensely proud… I could probably work up tears again if I start thinking about the game and the parade speeches.

Was lucky enough to even get to watch the Wings parade Friday on streaming internet. Thanks NHL and WXYZ!!!!!

1 million Michiganders, Detroiters, Windsor-ites and other amazing Wings fans from far corners made it into Hart Plaza to cheer their Detroit Red Wings on in the 90 degree 100% humidity weather.

Good On ya Detroit! Way to make me proud. Wish I had been with you allto see:

Zetts wearing the Conn Smythe on his head like a hat as he was chauffered down Woodward Ave;

Ozzie making the best speech- Thanking Detroit and Michigan and saying everything the Wings do, they do for the fans.;

Nick with the funniest speech (paraphrased) “Ok, I’m gonna translate for Homer, um well, actually I have no idea what he said.”

You might be surprised to hear this, but there is nothing I don’t love about this team. (the smirking faced icon is implied.)

Sigh.


And my life is in shambles. I have spent the last two months with everything in my life revolving around hockey…. My cat has been neglected- I tried to play with him today, he looked at me like I was crazy. I haven’t gone to the dry cleaner in a month; all I have in my fridge is mustard, shriveled grapes and Newcastle. My car is so dirty, you could trace a red wings logo in the dirt, and get a reasonably accurate resemblance. I haven’t touched the re-write on my book (due in July) since March, all I have done is blog about Hockey, watch hockey and talk about hockey.

Sigh. If only it could go on forever.

Back to life back to reality.

Sigh.

Originally Posted on Sunday June 08, 2008 @ 01:23 PM EDT at
http://fans.nhl.com/members/JuiceinLA/blogs/16586

No comments: