Monday, June 1, 2009

Don't Stop believin'- no matter how biased it gets!

Ok before I go into my “I hate the league they are all unfair, let’s boycott those bass tards” rant I must first direct your attention to a very exciting development..

Take a look at the ROSTER today, GUESS who is making his first SCF appearance in Game 3?



D-Mac.


HEDHS, Helm yes people, Darren McCarty is on the roster and I am so dam stoked……Even the crap going down at league headquarters can't ruin this day now..


That is 5, (count ‘em) 5. F.I.V.E. Grand Rapids Griffins cracking the line up for the Wings in these Stanley Cup Playoffs. And nailing it I might add, if I felt the need to state the obvious.



Nailing it…. (ok sue me, I am just as happy as a little girl in springtime these days, and that could all change after Game 3, let me have my moment to be happy and so damn proud.)



In the superfantastic bubble plastic words of my dear friend Jessa- “Damn its good to be a Red Wing fan.”


Now where was I? Oh yes.


“I never should have gone to nhl.com.”


ARGGHHH.


Its all my own fault. I got suckered in because just prior to Game 1, I watched Gary Bettman tell Brian Duff, (Duff, Duffy? I get these announcers and cartoon beers confused....) in interview, on national television that the Detroit Red Wings were a Dynasty.



And I forgave him. I am such a fool. An enabler, really. I disgust myself.


So I decide I will not boycott. But what is the first thing I see there at NHL.com? That Colin Campbell, NHL VP and Director of Dick-tatorial Decisionmaking, has rescinded Malkin’s one game suspension. Just flat out refused to enforce the rule after “review”.


For those of you not aware, Geno “I don’t want to work, I want to bang on the drums with Semin all day” Malkin received an instigator penalty in the waning seconds of Game 2 for trying to – um- get musical with Henrik Zetterberg, who quickly responded with a “Listen sucker, take your skin flute and get out of here.”



Or at least that is what I think he said, hard to tell with all those uppercuts Z was mauling “maulkin” with…


So Malkin take the instigator penalty, which means he should be suspended one game.


Rule 47.22 states: "A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five minutes or at any time in overtime shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident. The director of hockey operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not be limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc..."


Campbell allegedly, purported and preposterously stated that he“reviewed” the incident and decided Malkin did no wrong. He did not explain his decision he didn’t even indicate that he might have tried to objectively look at the situation…. He just rescinded the one game suspension.


What????


Did he cut Geno a break because everyone knows Malkin coughed up a good $20,000 for bongo lessons from Alex Semin earlier this year? Because as far as I could tell frm that fight, those lessons took- Malkin fights the way Alex Semin play bongos.







Anyone out there think the League really “reviewed” this?


Know why it bugs me so? Four words: All Star Game Suspensions. The league will make up special rules, and enforce unspoken rules to suspend Nic Lids and Pavel Datsyuk- but waive existing rules to protect their patheticpittsburgean penguin progeny.



Oh come on I don’t want to hear it from you people who argue they can’t force Geno out of the game because without Malkin we all know there is no way the Pens could stay in the series. If you argue this then you are arguing that its is ok for the league to “even out the scales”, and then that means you are ok with Gary Bettman playing G.O.D. Wait til its your team on the wrong side of GB-GOD's decisions...just wait.


Bottom line is that if it were Zetterberg taking the Instigator penalty in Game 2, there is no question that Z would be sitting Game 3 out.


How embarrassing it must be for “Sid and Play” to know they don’t have a chance in this series without a little help from friends in low places.


And by “low”, I definitely meant a double entendre. GB being as slimy as Rick Tocchet and as tall as the Travelocity gnome.


Sorry Jessa, I hate that fact that I may have invoked your recurring nightmare again, let’s send you some happy visuals and thoughts…


Dig if you will, a picture of Lids and Z passing off the Cup, Of Ozzie getting the Conn Smythe, Can you my Wings Fans, can you picture this?


Oh I could go on and on and on with that, but I have a better one. To wit, (though technically it needs to be sung after a third win):


Just a Red Wing team

Living in a icy world

Carrying the Cup around, going anywhere


Just a Swedish boy

Born to play in South Detroit

Carrying the Cup around, going anywhere


A Goalie in a snowy crease

The smell of beer and octopi(ece)

Ozzie saves, Geno loses a fight

It goes on and on and on and on


Russians, skating, up and down the neutral zone

With the Eurotwins, flying down the ice

Cleary, Hossa, living just to hit the net

Topshelf, easy to deke Fleury tonight


Working hard to get a goal

Everybody wants to hit the five hole

Paying anything to carry the Cup

Just one more time

Wings will win, Pens will lose

Sid was born to sing the blues

As the Series never ends

It goes on and on and on and on


Hudler, Helm, skating, up and down center ice

Abdelkader hitting the glove side, sooo nice.

D-Mac, Vladdie will really bring the emotion

Hoping Pavel is alright…


Don't stop believing

Hold on to that feeling

Red Wings, Bring the Cup Home Tonight!!!


And yes, because I am a huge loser, I promise to sing this on the season finale of Puck Bunny Radio, (in three weeks). Gratitude, props and send your complaints to Chris Schafer and Mike Krause for leading me down this path….

1 comment:

jleWings said...

D-MAC IS IN?!? I am so excited I've got tears of joy in my eyes!!! I'm so glad it was you that broke that news to me.

The elves are bound to return to my dreams but the song was worth it. My favorite Joocer song yet!

And I am with you on the Malkin suspension. Can't stand the NHL. Dirty like the Quacks. I'm just trying to focus on how good it will feel to beat the Pens AND the NHL... again.