Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Concentrated Juice: I might be a little over excited- what of it???

FILPPU-ORR! Did anyone else wake up today thinking about Filppula’s goal?


First thing I did at work today (besides beg my boss to dump a ton of work on me because otherwise I was likely to obsess about hockey all day) was pull up the google image of Bobby Orr in that overtime final against St. Louis.


Of course it’s not exactly as iconic (yet), but Filppula’s flying goal against flightless birds was really pretty.


I just can’t get enough of these Wings. Was grinning ear to ear as I walked into the office today. So much so, that a co-worker said “Juice got some this weekend.”


LOL! I had to chuckle and give a slight nod, but in honest admission, My goofy earsplitting grin? Well its just all about the Finals and these Wings.


Eat these words? Maybe. I could end up eating these words, but I actually got a little bored, er,um, distracted at times during yesterday’s game. My brother said it was just that sort of relief and release from all the nervous tension that has been building for these last two months. But srsly- I even got up once during the game (not intermission) to go grab the pizza from the kitchen.


I’m trained to believe the Pens will come out guns blazing tomorrow, and they have to. but I was sure they would have to do that last game, and they didn’t. Everyone keeps saying they will come out to play tomorrow- but I don’t believe it.


I realize they did hang in there through the end, no better or worse than their previous 120 minutes of play. But everyone knows when you get schooled in game 1 like they did, that they needed to bring blazing guns into game 2. All I saw was a slingshot and elbow and a pea-shooter.


If they don’t make a game of it tomorrow, well, they’ll be spending the summer writing “I will NOT target a guy’s concussion-like injury ever again.” on the blackboard and cleaning erasers- sooner than they thought.


Bottom line? For Crosby’s sake, I hope the guy finds a way to stop whining and dig deep, at least end the series with poise and showing some potential for leadership and grace.

The Mule is Back! But jackazzes just he-hawed their way into Pleasure Island: As this series goes on, I am really feeling the Pinocchio analogy, works really well for the Pens: Boys, fenwick, etc…


Franzen showed amazing poise and intellect in his response to Robert’s hit: he said “…I’ve got to get my arms up and protect myself…” This is the statement of a true sportsman: looking at what he could have done to prevent it and not engaging in finger pointing. I sense a Yzerman influence, for sure. Franzen for Lady Bing!!!


No respect for ESPN- I repeat this only because I have no respect to ESPN, so I think they can’t jinx anything: ESPN called for the sweep, and then they showed 45 minutes of baseball highlights on sportscenter. Are you kidding me?


Sports media just sucks when it comes to hockey. I just don’t get it: How do they not see this is the most exciting, toughest, most skilled, athletic sport out there?


Seriously. Take the all around athleticism of your Barry Sanders, and David Beckhams, throw in the endurance of a soccer player, the strategy and team work of a basketball team, the physicality of a rugby or (even a football) game, and combine it all with the deft precisions skill of Tiger Woods, AND put all those bad boys on two thin blades of steel, less padding than a line backer and a field of ice, and you have a Hockey game.


Imagine Shaq on skates?

‘nuff said.



Originally Posted on Tuesday May 27, 2008 @ 02:19 PM EDT at
http://fans.nhl.com/members/JuiceinLA/blogs/15431


Copyright Protected, 2008 All Rights Reserved No reproduction or use without the express written permission of the author.

No comments: