Saturday, May 24, 2008

Concentrated Juice: Of Dreams, Ketchup and Sax....Here we go!

Alright boys and girls, here we go. How are you feelin’? What are your plans? Where will you watch, who will you watch with? What are you gonna eat?

I knew I was in trouble when I dreamt about Dats and Zetts last night.


Yea yea yea. Makes me giggle too. But come on! Get your mind out of the gutter- Er box? ew-No. Um- crease? No. Er, five hole? nyet. (Sigh) The gutter, out of the gutter! (Who knew hockey analogies were all so dirty???).


It wasn’t that exciting of a dream. Although they were wearing their gear- including helmets- and there was a lot of ice involved…


Still. Sorry to disappoint, but the dream was more like Shanny’s infamous “Coach said no sax before the game” quote. (Do you hear his (then) thick Canadian accent in your head when you read that, like I do? More giggles.)


Still, I don’t recall ever dreaming about the team before. At least in the context of hockey, right?


Again, no not really. People. Come on (Most of) these boys are a little young for me. Now, you start talkin’ the Professor, and that’s a whole ‘nother story.

A whole ‘nother story that NOBODY really wants to hear. Enough! Boy that dream segue was tough corner to get out of, but as I always say: “When nothing funny comes to mind, go with TMI.”

I expected to wake up today feeling that old (faithful) sick feeling. Instead I feel good. Nervous, hyped, antsy and with mild disgust for Heinz ketchup and Carly Simon.

I am ready, hope you are too. I am skipping the idea of going to a bar watch. Want to be able to focus, no distractions. I’ve invited only my sister and brother over to watch, and we’ll likely have the Pistons on the second tv, sound off. I hate to admit it though, the second TV will be merely a show of support, I know I won’t watch a second of the Pistons until the Wings game is over.


I love em, but this is the Finals and this is the Wings, and we only have 4 more wins before I have to wait until mid-October to see another game. That thought makes me sicker than anything else.

Originally Posted on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 01:53 PM EDT at http://fans.nhl.com/members/JuiceinLA/blogs/15121

Copyright Protected 2008. All Rights Reserved. No reproduction or use without the express written permission of the author.

No comments: